The Badin newsletter has a long history, stretching back nearly a century. The first recorded publication was in 1915, but the regular monthly publication began in 1918 with the Badin Bulletin.
Alcoa put out these informative newsletters for the community until 1996.
In 2003, the Badin town manager, Scott Slatton decided the town needed to resume its monthly publication, citing the need for a way to inform the community about local events.
When Slatton moved on to bigger and better opportunities, the town council agreed to continue the Badin Bulletin with Bridget Huckabee as writer, editor and photographer of the one-page sheet.
In 2008, the Badin Inn sponsored a 4-page, full color edition of the newly-named Badin Villager with Huckabee continuing as editor. Unfortunately, the publication proved too costly and the newsletter was discontinued.
In 2010, 2 local citizens were instrumental in ensuring the Badin Villager resumed its monthly edition of local news and it became, once again, a one-page newsletter currently sponsored by the Town of Badin and the Badin Inn.